WELCOME TO THE NATIONAL OBI ART PRIZE
The Maleny Neighbourhood Centre is looking forward to holding its second Obi Art Prize on the 4th - 7th October 2019.
It will be open to all artists working in 2D.
The theme will be “Earth, Dreams and Magic”.
The Maleny IGA / Spida Productions First Prize is $5000
Ken Mills Toyota People's Choice $1500
After a successful 2017 showing we expect 2019 will be even more exciting. You can keep up to date on our progress on the Obi Art Prize Facebook page.
The Maleny Neighbourhood Centre is the sole beneficiary of the Obi Art Prize, and all profits will go to helping fund social Programs at the Centre.
- Entries open on Monday 1st April 2019.
- Entries close 5pm Monday 22nd July 2019.
- Finalists will be notified by email or telephone by Friday 23rd August.
- The forty Finalists selected will form the 2019 Obi Art Prize to be held at Maleny Community Centre from 4th October to 7th October 2019.
- Delivery of works to the Maleny Neighbourhood Centre no later than Friday 20th September 2019.
- Winners of First Prize and People’s choice announced opening night Friday 4th October.
David Paulson Obi Art Prize Judge 2019
Having received formal art training in Sydney and Tasmania, David has established himself as a master draughtsman with a longstanding reputation as a teacher of life drawing. Although David works predominantly in oil painting, his classical understanding and contemporary reading both of the figure and the landscape remains the foundation for his art and ideology. David has been a finalist three times in the Archibald Prize at the AGNSW and his works are held in numerous private and public collections, most notably the Queensland Art Gallery.